PREPARATION FOR REPLACEMENT
– Remove remained pieces and welds from old rope guard by grinding ( Approx. 2 Hours )
– Full detailed inspection to confirm original measurements
FITTING 2 SECTIONS OF ROPE-GUARD ( UPPER & LOWER )*
– Safe transfer both parts in their position ( Approx. 1:00 Hour ).
– Connect two sections in the right position ( Approx. 0:30 Hour )
– Measure and arrange for correct clearances between propeller hub and aft part of rope guard.
– Measure and arrange for correct position of rope guard at stern boss casting ( Both Approx. 0:30 Hour ).
– Full welding ( for rope guard diam. 1.400 mm. Approx. 6:00 Hours )
– Coating by epoxy all welding seams ( Approx. 0:30 Hour ) – no any movement for 3 Hours.
* avoid PORT- STBD Sections